Go Daddy

Friday, November 4, 2011

Top 5 mistakes I have made with my blog

What are the top five mistakes bloggers make? I don't know but, I can tell you the top five I have made.

  1. Creating post that are too long and hard to read.
  2. Caring more about stats and monetizing (money) than content.
  3. Not taking time to edit as much as I should. I.e. grammar, spelling, and other typos. 
  4. Not having my awesome wife proof read more of my work before I post it.
  5. Not always staying true to who I am
When I started blogging I had several goals. To practice writing, to build a platform, and to possible make a little extra money through monetizing. As I have been blogging I have had some small success. When I say small I mean it. $3.57 and two days in a row with over a 100 pages views. I have caught myself thinking about how I can make more money from the blog and less about making content that's true to my self.

If we create things of value everything else will come. Blogging is not all about us and about what we know and what we want. It's about communicating a message that's of value. The message itself should have value and should be true from the writer.The message it self can be about anything as long as it is in some way meant for giving and not taking.

Do you ever find yourself trying to produce things that are not really true to you? Do we perform at the detriment of your real goals?

    1 comment:

    1. I laughed out loud at #4 "Not having my awesome wife proof read more of my work before I post it." Would you like me to proofread it now? lol

      ReplyDelete