Go Daddy

Monday, October 31, 2011

A small change

If you have been following my blog you know I do a post everyday. You may have noticed that I do them in order of how they show up under the pages to the right. --->

That bad thing about writing blogs that way is that, on some of the days I really feel like writing about one subject but, won't because it's not the "right" day. So what I am going to do instead is write about the subjects that are inspiring me at the time, even if that means that I write under the dreams page 3 days in a row.

Is that cool with you? Do you think it makes sense or should I stick to what I have been doing?

Oh,on a side note that deals with blogging. I mentioned one of my hopes was to turn this blog into a kind of platform. My hope is to write on topics in a compelling way that is engaging, informative, and concise. I hope that as I get better at doing this more people will visit this blog, people who don't even know me!

I hope to increase readership of my blog. If you enjoy it, I hope you will help me with this goal. If your willing you can do the following things to help.
  1. Link to this blog. If you have a blog or website, linking to this site would really help me out.
  2. If I write something you enjoy, consider sharing it with a friend, either by email, which you can do to the right, or via social media like Facebook which, you can do below and to the left. 
  3. Below each post is a little +1 box. By clicking on it you are saying this is a real relevant blog and that I'm a real person. please +1 everything I post, and if you don't mind, consider going back through all previous posts and giving them a +1. 
  4. Consider becoming a follower/ subscriber of this blog.
  5. If you're comfortable, consider posting a comment on blogs you enjoy. I really hope to get a conversation going.
Thanks  in advance for your contribution in making this blog relevant and interesting. I appreciate your effort in helping me with a goal that is important to me.

7 comments:

  1. Eric,

    Enjoying the blog. Keep going!

    1. I like the idea of writing about what your are currently interested in/passionate about. Anything that feeds the fire at this stage is a good thing, IMHO. Give yourself permission to add topics, should you write about something off-topic.

    2. As your writing becomes more prolific, you might find yourself several days ahead of schedule. At this point you might change topics daily to keep things more interesting for your readers.

    3. Great job using Facebook to promote your blog! Get creative using quotes and videos as "teasers," compelling your Facebook friends to take some trips to "7 Days!"

    You're a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, I noticed you became I follower, +1 me, commented on this post and others, and also mentioned me in an FB post! I feel like you should win a prize or something. Thanks for the advice and the help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blessing is mutual, my friend. Your writing makes me think and your example as "dream chaser" inspires me to live outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric... Keep up the daily blog I would be interested in reading any of the short story stuff you are working on. You and a few of our other mutual friends just need to keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Steve! I am working on something that was intended to be a short story but keeps getting bigger....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think writing about what you're thinking about makes sense. In fact, it might even be better! You'll be more open to saying what The Spirit is leading you to communicate, and the writing itself might be even more interesting since it'll flow from your passion, rather than being contrived and trying to come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Mrs. West. Great advice from a beautiful woman. I think i'm in love!

    ReplyDelete