Go Daddy

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Pigs

Do you ever throw out a piece of yourself, a piece of your light, only to have it trampled? 

I have. 

I have, at times, given my best (pearls) to those who trampled them into the mud. It can hurt when you believe you're dispensing something of use and people throw it on the ground or worse, in your face.

Thankfully there is hope. Jesus addresses this through scripture.

Mathew 10:13: "If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if not, let your peace return to you." 



Jesus tells us such a person whom receives our peace is a person of peace to us.  Such a person does deserve our time, energy, words, support, and such. The person of peace is willing to hear from us on spiritual matters. They are someone who is willing to speak and work with us and they probably like and respect us as well.

If the person does not deserve to receive our peace we have a response to that as well. We let our peace return to us and we quietly and respectfully depart from them.

Mathew 7:6 "Don't give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." 


This is good news! We have freedom from people who are not peaceful for us. In short, you don't have waste time, energy, heartache, and pain on people who don't like you for whatever reason.

One thing to note about this concept though, is this; To discover if someone is or is not a person of peace to you means there is a chance for rejection. Rejection at any time and in any context sucks. The great thing though is you know where you stand.

If you're received well let your peace remain. If not, shake "the dust off" and leave. That simple. Enjoy the peace and grace of this in your own life now.

What do you think? Does this sound like freedom to you?

4 comments:

  1. You got that right!

    My insecurity is talking here, but I seriously you weren't talking about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elma, I was not talking about you. The post has nothing to do with my blog at all. It is about experiencing the freedom that comes when you realize you don't have to keep letting people trample you or your ideas. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha.

    Like I said, my insecurity is talking here, don't mine it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like freedom to me! it's exhausting spending time with people who don't like me. I'd rather just hang out with you all day :)

    ReplyDelete