Go Daddy

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Dead Meet (Story question)

Dead Meet (Yes, i mean meet and not meat.) is my first attempt to write something using actual writing tools.

One of the pieces of advice of I have gotten from Jim Butcher (not personally but from his blog.) is that every story should have a story skeleton or better put a story question.  It's the question that your book will answer. Its a great tool for me because I tend to want to throw the whole kitchen sink into each story and paragraph!

Anyhow, since I made this blog with the purpose of daily writing, I thought I would share what I have written so far... The story question for Dead Meet.

*Caugh, Caugh* Here we go!

When undead Deputy Blake Evans son goes mysteriously missing in Bozeman Mt, he must find his son before its too late! But, will he succeed when the alien fey try to obscure his path and while vampires from the city and a motor bike gang of werewolves threaten to tear apart Bozeman in a bazaar turf war? 

BAM!

Thats it!  

If you're a writer, whats the story question of something you're working on? Heck, even if you're not, do you have a story question?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment